Monday, January 24, 2011

Excuse me sir, you have an ID10T error.

When I was still doing tech support, we had some companies that are from some of the top companies and schools in the nation. I would suppose that would come with some of the top of the line administrators as well. Oh wait, that was the wrong assumption.

Me: Alright sir, it looks like where going to need SSH access.
Him: Whats SSH access?
Me: Sir are you the administrator?
Him: Yes, can someone walk me through how to set up SSH access?
Me: Sir, I will have one call you back, whats your public IP address?
Him: Whats that?
Me: **face palm**

I am seriously not making this up. I had so many calls that wound up this same way. There ARE Administrators out there that DO NOT know what their IP address is, or how to get it. They dont have a clue what SSH access is. Why oh why did I have to put up with stuff like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment